- You should read the terms and conditions carefully before accessing any website or participate in any chatroom, newsgroup, bulletin board, mailing list, transaction or other online forum of GBR Academy.
- By using these website, you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by and comply with them.
- This website is intended to provide the user only with information regarding the GBR Academy and the services it offers.
- Users that wish to use content from this site for commercial purposes may only do so with prior written permission from GBR Academy.
- Copyright © GBR Academy, 85 Central Street, Houghton, Johannesburg. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
- You may download, view and print content from the GBR Academy website for lawful purposes only.
- All moral rights of GBR Academy and its employees, agents and students are reserved.
- OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All content, trademarks and data on this website, including but not limited to, software, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, and designs are the property of or licensed to GBR Academy, and as such, are protected from infringement by domestic and international legislation and treaties. Subject to the rights afforded to the user herein, all other rights to all intellectual property on this site are expressly reserved.
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
- By using this website or communicating with GBR Academy by electronic means, the user consents and acknowledges that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures, or any other communications satisfy any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be “in writing”.
- You acknowledge and accept that the action to click on specified buttons on certain web forms on the GBR Academy website may constitute an expression of intent or other statement.
- CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS
- GBR Academy expressly reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to alter and/or amend any criteria or information set out in this website without prior notice.
- GBR Academy reserves the right to change and amend the information, prices and rates quoted as well as the terms and conditions on this web site without any notice.
- GBR Academy reserves the right to change the terms, conditions and notices under which the web site is offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of the GBR Academy website.
- GBR Academy protects the user’s privacy.
- GBR Academy gathers and will be in possession of the following private and personal information:
- Information provided by the user voluntarily – this information is used to provide a better service to users;
- Information automatically provided (e.g. via cookies) – this information is gathered to better users’ browsing and interaction with GBR Academy. Cookies cannot harm users’ computers nor carry viruses.
- Access to the collected information is strictly controlled and will only be granted to staff, who in the course of their duties need to have access to such information
- No personal information will be disclosed to any third parties without the users consent.
- By using this website the user consents to the following:
- GBR Academy may use your personal information about the user to communicate with the user from time to time.
- GBR Academy may use the user’s information for non-personal statistical purposes.
- AGREEMENTS IN TERMS OF SECTION 21 OF THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSACTIONS ACT
- No agreements shall be concluded merely by sending a data message to this website or its owners. Valid agreements require an acknowledgement an offer, of receipt from the academy.
- No e-mail message shall be deemed to have been received by the institution until a response has been issued from the institution. An automated response, from the institution, shall not satisfy this requirement.
- SEARCHING TECHNOLOGY
- The use of search technology, such as “web-crawlers” or “web-spiders”, to search and gain information from this web site is not permitted if such technology will result in slowing down this website’s server or copyright infringement of any data and information available from this web site.
- SECURITY OF INFORMATION
- All reasonable steps will be taken to secure a user’s information.
- Users undertake not to divulge their user name and passwords to any other person.
- It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, or entity to gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any information on this website, or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website. Any person who delivers or attempts to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website shall be held criminally liable, and in the event that the GBR Academy should suffer any damage or loss, civil damages will be claimed.
- Subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, GBR Academy shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this website or the services or content provided from and through this website. Furthermore, GBR Academy makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this website are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be uninterrupted and error free.
- This website is supplied on an “as is” basis and have not been compiled or supplied to meet the user’s individual requirements. It is the sole responsibility of the user to satisfy himself or herself, prior to entering into this agreement with GBR Academy, that the service available from and through this website will meet the user’s individual requirements and be compatible with the user’s hardware and/or software.
- Information, ideas and opinions expressed on these sites should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of GBR Academy.
- These Terms and Conditions of Use constitute the entire agreement between GBR Academy and you, the user of this web site. Any failure by GBR Academy to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use shall in no way constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- In the event that any term or condition of the use of this website is not fully enforceable or valid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions. The remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected by such unenforceability or invalidity and shall remain enforceable and applicable.
- APPLICABLE AND GOVERNING LAW
This website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa , and thus South African Law governs the use or inability to use this website and these terms and conditions.
- In the event of any nature whatsoever arising between the parties on any matter provided for in, or arising out of this agreement, the South African law will apply and the appropriate courts of South Africa will have jurisdiction.
- CONTACT INFORMATION / DOMCILIUM CITANDI ET EXECUTANDI
The Academy may be visited or contacted at the following address:
Tel: +27 11 242 8004
Address: 85, Central Street, Houghton, Johannesburg, 2001