CHAPTER 8: Corporate Governance and Ethics
Module allocated time: 4 hours
Day 4 of training (Afternoon Session)
Learning Outcomes: At the end of this module delegates will have basic knowledge of corporate governance and ethics theory, principles, application, etc. Best practices will be shared from King Codes and other related resources. Delegates will also learn how to report fraudulent and unethical activities within the organisation. Delegates will have basic understanding of whistleblowers laws and protection. Delegates will be able to explain why environmental awareness is part of good corporate citizenship and the practical ways of implementing effective programmes. Delegates will understand the basic frameworks for managing organisational risk.
Notes: This module may be highly theoretical; however, the focus should be on application of the theory and principles through case studies, syndicate group assignments, presentations, etc.
What assessment method will be used to determine competency?
- Introduction to Corporate Governance and Ethics
- The Importance of Registering GBR with the Local Authorities
- Best Practices: King III/IV
- GBR Ethics Policy
- Reporting Fraudulent Activities (Whistleblowing)
- Environmental Awareness (Reducing Carbon Footprint and Waste)
- Board and Executive Committee Processes
- Managing Corporate Risk